Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wednesday, March 23 report

Wednesday was better than Tuesday.  I tackled the offices in the World Trade Center, and met some cool people.  There was one office with a particularly cute and helpful receptionist.
It is the little differences that drive me bonkers here.  For example, the office buildings have no public lobby restrooms.  They are all squirreled away in the offices themselves.  I took the service stairs sometimes, and for a WTC, the stairwells were really crummy.  They did lead to a helipad on the roof, tho.

I mailed a package home via fedex.  It cost about $57, but worth it to not have a broken glass in my luggage.

I wake up at 07:00 in order to use the computers before anyone else.  Well, this morning some dummy had fallen asleep in front of the good one.  His friends eventually came down and found him and took hime away.

Last night I met some Brits.  They were cool.  One was a girl who has travelled a lot.  She didn't understand that I don't like to travel.  I thought more and was able to put to words WHY I don't like to travel: self-reliance.  I only have me to rely on, and I know I'm at a disadvantage.  I don't know how to function 100% down here, and I'm scared to think about that.  Yesterday I counted and realized my trip is for 28 days.  I am only 1/4 through.

This weekend I shall leave Santiago for the countryside.  I plan to make a plan with the help of the national tourism service.  I need good ideas on the small things, like how to get there and where to stay.  The plan so far is to go to Los Andes in the Aconauga wine region.  Once I get to whatever lodging I arrange, THEN  I'll have to figure out how to visit the wineries.  I suppose hire a car & driver.  Ug, I hate all of the little big things I need to arrange.

Hmm, my blog seems to be more of my thoughts than a report on what is happening and what I've seen.  Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home